BHARATI VIDYAPEETH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, NAVI MUMBAI.
Department of Instrumentation Engineering
To inculcate competence and productive professionalism in Instrumentation technocrats to face the current and future challenges of technological development.
- To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- To inculcate value-based, socially committed professionalism amongst the students.
- To facilitate research opportunities to faculty as well as students in multidisciplinary field.
Graduate Attributes (GA) assigned by NBA
- Engineering knowledge
- Problem analysis
- Design/development of solutions
- Conduct investigations of complex problems
- Modern tool usage
- The engineer and society
- Environment and sustainability
- Individual and team work
- Project management and finance
- Life-long learning
Program Educational Objectives(PEO):
- Fundamental Knowledge: To facilitate research opportunities to faculty as well as students in multidisciplinary field.
- Design Skills: Graduates will develop analytical and logical skills that enable them to analyze and design Instrumentation and Control Systems.
- Professional Skills: Graduates will achieve professional skills along with ethical attitude and will be able to relate Engineering issues to broader social context.
- Self Learning: Graduates will undertake research activities in emerging multidisciplinary fields.
- Engineering Knowledge: Obtain basic knowledge of Mathematics, Sciences and Instrumentation for applying it to Industrial Process Control and applications.
- Problem Analysis: Interpret, analyze Instrumentation Engineering problems and validate results.
- Design and Development of solution: Design and develop Electronic circuits and Instrumentation systems to meet the desired specifications.
- Investigation of Complex Problems: Design the model of the complex Instrumentation Engineering problems and simulate it along with troubleshooting.
- Modern Tools Usage: Use modern tools in modeling, simulating and designing through software such as MATLAB, LabVIEW, Multisim, RSLogix, RSView etc.
- Engineer and Society: Apply Instrumentation Engineering solutions to global and social issues of health and safety.
- Environment and Sustainability: Demonstrate knowledge for providing effective solutions to environmental issues for sustainable developments.
- Ethics: Demonstrate the professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Individual and Teamwork: Handle the responsibilities individually and as a team member in diverse situations.
- Communication: Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Project Management and Finance: Implement project management principles and thus effectively carry out project planning, execution and documentation.
- Lifelong Learning: Realize the need of lifelong learning to comply with the latest technological development.
Program Specific objectives ( Program: Instrumentation Engineering)PSO 1- Analyze Instrumentation engineering problems and validate results.
PSO2- Interpret industrial processes, design Instrumentation systems and carry out project planning, execution and documentation in line with ISA standards.
PSO 3- Model, simulate and design complex Instrumentation systems using software like MATLAB, LabView, Multisim, Rslogix, RsView and automate the systems for benefit of society.