Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)
Institution Innovation Council (IIC) an Initiative of MHRD for selected Higher Education Institutes
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs)’ across selected HEIs. A network of these IICs will be established to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campuses. It’s our proud privilege to announce that Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering,Navi Mumbai.
Major Focus of IIC
Major Focus of IIC is –
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem
- Start-up/entrepreneurship supporting Mechanism in HEIs
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements Framework (ARIIA)
- Establish Function Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas
- Develop better Cognitive Ability amongst Technology Students
Functions of Institution’s Innovation Council
- Promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
- To conduct various innovation and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by Central MIC in time bounded fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc., with the involvement of industry.
Benefits to Institute, Faculty and Students
- No major capital investment required for establishing IIC as it will make use of existing local ecosystem.
- Students/Faculty associated with IIC will get exclusive opportunity to participate in various Innovation related initiatives and competitions organized by MHRD.
- Win exciting Prizes/Certificates every month.
- Meet/Interact with renowned Business Leaders and top-notch academicians.
- Opportunity to nurture and prototype new ideas.
- Mentoring by Industry Professionals.
- Experimentation with new/latest technologies
- Visit new places and learn a new culture.
Institution’s Innovation Council Composition
Department of Mechanical Engg.
Prof.Dilip B.Radkar– Convener
Department of Mechanical Engg.
Prof.Sonali Sahu –Faculty Member Department of Electronics & Telecomm. Engg.
|Student Coordinator||Mr.Dinesh Swami||Student||IICs Coordinator (Student)|
|Member||Mr. Saurabh Sinha||M/s Rein Lab, Mahape Navi Mumbai||Representative from nearby Incubation Centre|
|Member||Mr Satish Nikam||Enterprueneur||Representatives of SIDBI / NABARD / Lead Bank / Investor|
|Member||Mr. Ravi Shah,||Executive Manager, M/s ROLTA BI and Big data Analytics, Andheri, Mumbai||Technical Experts from nearby Industry|
|Mr. Prashant Ambalkar||Director, M/s TechNova Metal Products, Bhiwandi, Thane|
|Member||Mr. Abhijeet Desai||MD, Hydrochem Pvt Ltd., Dombivilli||Alumni Entrepreneurs from the Host Institutions (Optional)|
|Special Invitee||Mr. Mahurkar Anand||m/s. Krishna & Saurastri Associates||Patent Expert (Optional)|
|Member||Mr.Yash Prashant Vaidya||SE, Electronics & Telecommunication||Students from the host institution|
|Mr.Nikhil Patil||TE, Electronics and Telicommunication|
|Mr.Divyani Raghunath Kadam||SE, Electronics and Telicommunication|
|Mr.Sagar Wadhave||SE, Mechanical|
|Makarand Thorat||SE, Computers|
|Mr.Adhoksh Sonawane||SE, Computers|
|Pawan Harishchandra Panday||TE, Instrumentation|
|Mr.Rahul Gupta||TE, Chemical|
|Mr.Shashank Shendge||SE, Chemical|
|Mr.Shubham B. Khochare||TE, Information Technology|
|Mr.Vaibhav S. Mandale||FE, Information Technology|
|Sr No.||Type||Title||Description||Date of conduction||Report||Video Links|
|1||Leadership Talk||India First Leadership Talk by Shri. Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group|
MHRD Innovation Cell (MIC) is organising “India First Leadership Talk Series” with Shri. Anand Mahindra, Chairman, Mahindra Group on the theme idea about entrepreneurship or start ups.
|2||Workshop||Workshop on IPR for Students and Faculty Members||Facebook Live session by MHRD Innovation Cell for Workshop on “IPR for Students and Faculty Members”.||10/01/2019||Link-2|
|3||Workshop||Oflline workshop on IPR for Students and Faculty Members||Offline session by Local expert invited by Institute for Workshop on “IPR for Students and Faculty Members” .||10/01/2019||Link-3|
|4||Leadership Talk||Episode 02 of India First Leadership Talk with Dr. Anand Deshpande, CMD, Persistent Systems Ltd.||Episode 02 of “India First Leadership Talk Series” with Dr. Anand Deshpande, Founder, Chairman & Managing Director Persistent Systems Ltd. on theme “Planning for Career, Future industry trends and Startup”.||24/01/2019||Link-4|
|5||Leadership Talk||Episode 03 of India First Leadership Talk with Dr. Ajit Doval, NSA, Govt. of india||MHRD Innovation Cell (MIC) is organising “India First Leadership Talk Series” on 19th March 2019 with Shri. Ajit Doval ji, National Security Advisor, Govt. of India.||19/03/2019||Link-5|
|6||Competition||Idea Competition||Invite Innovative Ideas from students of your Institution from various departments to solve the problems related to at least two/all of following themes- 1. Agriculture & Rural development 2. Health Care 3. Energy 4. Environment 5. Others||29/03/2019||Link-6|