Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering, Navi Mumbai
Research and Development Cell
Research is the back bone of academics. The institute has prioritized the research activities and is actively engaged in quality research in frontier areas of various Engineering disciplines.
The main thrust research areas from various disciplines which include, Renewable energy, Automation and robotics, Design and modeling, Thermal and production processes (Mechanical Engineering ), Water treatment, Clean energy technology , Separation processes, Process intensification (Chemical engineering department), AI & machine learning, Data mining and analytics, Cyber Security, cloud computing (Information Technology), Signal processing ,VLSI and Embedded systems, Wireless Communication, Antenna and microwave Engineering (Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering), Instrumentation Measurement and Automation, Bio-sensors, Health Care monitoring, and Signal Processing , IOT and Robotics, Renewable Energy(Instrumentation Engineering ),Machine Learning and Deep Learning , Block Chain, IoT/IoE, Data Analytics (Computer Engineering).
The research work initiated in these thrust areas is well supported by the research grants received by the faculty members from various funding agencies such as AICTE, IEI, University of Mumbai Research Grants etc.
The faculties are doing active research in frontier areas, which often results in highly acclaimed publications in International and National Journals and Patents. Most of the research work is also presented in International and National conferences. The institute has quality research publications to its credit, since these papers have been published by reputed publishers in the field of Engineering such as Elsevier, Springer, IEEE, Taylor and Francis etc. with good impact factor and indexed in Web of science, Scopus, Google Scholar etc. Significant factors indicating potential growth in research activities include an increase in research publications in peer-reviewed journals, research projects/grants, patents, and patent applications.
R & D CELL OBJECTIVES
· To identify the potential areas of research in various disciplines of engineering and form the faculty into various clusters based on their specialization.
· To prepare and submit proposals to government agencies like AICTE, UGC, DST, IEI etc for obtaining funded projects.
· To encourage multi-disciplinary research.
· To encourage the staff to attend/publish papers in various National/International conferences of their specialized areas.
· To coordinate the research activities among the various departments of the college.
· To encourage the faculty to attend various research oriented Faculty development Programmes.
· To encourage the staff to publish their research works in reputed journals that have good impact factor and are Scopus indexed.
· To scrutinize the student’s project proposals and send them to various competitions organized at national level.
Research and Development Cell Committee members
Dr. Sandhya D.Jadhav
Dr. Manisha V.Bagal
Mahesh A. Suryawanshi
Aanand V. Sutar
Dr. Vaishali N. Agme
Research Publications and Patents Summary Sheet
Details of Publications