BHARATI VIDYAPEETH COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, NAVI MUMBAI.
Department of Instrumentation Engineering
To inculcate competence and productive professionalism in Instrumentation technocrats to face the current and future challenges of technological development.
- Technical Skill : To promote innovative and original thinking in the minds of budding engineers to face the challenges of future.
- Overall Development : To inculcate value-based, socially committed professionalism amongst the students.
- Research : To facilitate research opportunities to faculty as well as students in multidisciplinary field.
Graduate Attributes (GA) assigned by NBA
- Engineering knowledge
- Problem analysis
- Design/development of solutions
- Conduct investigations of complex problems
- Modern tool usage
- The engineer and society
- Environment and sustainability
- Individual and team work
- Project management and finance
- Life-long learning
Program Educational Objectives(PEO):
- Fundamental Knowledge: To facilitate research opportunities to faculty as well as students in multidisciplinary field.
- Design Skills: Graduates will develop analytical, software and logical skills that enable them to analyze and design Instrumentation and Control Systems.
- Professional Skills: Graduates will achieve professional skills, entrepreneurship skills along with ethical attitude and will be able to relate Engineering issues to broader social context.
- Self Learning: Graduates will undertake research activities in emerging multidisciplinary fields.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design and Development of solution: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tools Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific objectives ( Program: Instrumentation Engineering)PSO 1- Analyze Instrumentation engineering problems and validate results.
PSO2- Interpret industrial processes, design Instrumentation systems and carry out project planning, execution and documentation in line with ISA standards.
PSO 3- Model, simulate and design complex Instrumentation systems using software like MATLAB, LabView, Multisim, Rslogix, RsView, open source software and automate the systems for benefit of society.