Departmental Activities: Applied Sciences 2016-2017
The department of Applied Sciences in Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering is affluent and exceptionally competent in bringing out the best in the budding engineers. The department takes care of the all round development of the new students admitted to the field of engineering. The students are prepared technically as well as ethically through various activities.
- Orientation programme: The orientation programme was organized on August 8th 2017. The chief guest for the function was Mr. Ravi Shah, Chief Design Engineer, Petrofac Ltd. The occasion was graced by the presence of Dr. D Y Patil, Director Navi Mumbai Campus, Bharati Vidyapeeth and Dr. M Z Shaikh, Principal of BVCOE. Dr. J J Kadam, HOD Applied Science informed them of the credit and grading system followed by the University of Mumbai. The students from the latest passed out batch were there to share their experiences with the audience. There was a thorough presentation done which informed the gathering all about the institution. The counseling desks were set up by the college to answer the queries of the new students and their parents; everybody made full use of it. One small cultural programme was also put up by the senior students. The students were very warmly welcomed into the Bharati family.
- Student awareness programme: Student awareness programme for mosquito related diseases, precaution & health check up camp was coordinated in the month of July & August 2016 by Dr Preeti Zade & Dr. Arundhati Chakraborty.
- Syllabus orientation workshop:Syllabus orientation workshop for FE applied chemistry 1 & 2 was organized on 3/8/16 by Dr,J J kadam on behalf of university of Mumbai..
- Syllabus orientation workshop for SE Engineering chemistry 1 & 2 was organized on 19/1/17 by Dr.J J kadam on behalf of university of mumbai.
- Guest lectures: Guest lecture on electrodynamics (physics) was organized on 3/2/17.6.
- Freshers’ Party: The seniors opened their arms and hearts to the freshers with the freashers’ party on 30/9/2016 . Vibrant cultural events were put up by second year students. The newbies were engaged in various fun activities. Miss Shradhdha Bodke was chosen as Miss Fresher & Mr Akash Chandiwal was chosen as Mr. Fresher.
- Personality Development Workshop: A one week personality development workshop was conducted for first year students in in collaboration with Jose Michael visionary.
- Essay writing competition & Group discussion : Writing portal of the college organised an Essay writing competition & Group discussion for the first year students on 18/1/17 & 20/1/17.
- Photography Workshop & Competition: A Photography Workshop was organised for the first year students by prof. S P Waghmare in collaboration with CANON on 31/1/2017.
- Industrial visit: A two day Industrial visit was organised for first year students in Silvassa on 17/2/17 & 18/2/17. The students visited VOLTAS industries & Bombay Rayons. it was a great learning experience for the students.
- Social activity: First year students came together for a social cause on 9/3/17. They collected cash & kind & made a generous donation to an orphanage, ASHALAYA. They also organised lunch for the orphans.
Dr.J J KADAM
H. O. D.