“To be recognized as leading mechanical engineering discipline by enhancing the knowledge and skills for the sustainable development.”
M1. Sociotechnology Skills: - To educate students through various activities including technical education, research and social service.
M2. Centre of Focus: -To promote prevailing challenges based projects and activities for socio-economic development.
M3. Competitiveness: -To develop competency in building the ethical leadership and entrepreneurship quality for their career development.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
PEO1: To prepare student become generalist engineer with systematic thinking for complex problem solving and steer the organization towards higher studies.
PEO2: To Provide student with the fundamentals of Engineering sciences,Thermal Engineering Manufacturing Technologies, Mechanical Materials and Design, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing.
PEO3: To develop ability among students to synthesize data, interpret them appropriately and be able to apply concept to mechanical system design.
PEO4: To promote entrepreneurial thinking among student and to provoke the valve system, leadership and team work, skills, bring holistic development of personality, Professional ethics.
PEO5: To develop students to lifelong learning and introduce them for professional ethics and sustainable development.
Program Outcomes (PO):
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineeringfundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complexengineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems anddesign system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and researchmethods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modernengineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assesssocietal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutionsin societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms ofthe engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader indiverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineeringcommunity and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of theengineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage inindependent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
At the end of the programme Graduate will be able to:
PSO1. Design and Analyze mechanical components and systems as per given requirement using modern tools.
PSO2. Select and implement the appropriate production process in manufacturing of products.
PSO3. Apply the knowledge in the domain of thermal and fluid sciences to solve engineering problems utilizing advanced technology.
PSO4. Demonstrate expertise in industrial automation and operational management.